What’s in a name?
Well, a lot it seems. When I first started my business and blogging journey, my name was Christine Pantazis. Pantazis being the last name belonging to my past husband. I hated the fact that I had to change my maiden name (Christine Panourgias), in order to please the person that I married. However, no matter how much I hated the idea, I made that sacrifice. I assumed my then husbands last name.
I made many concessions, I lost a lot, but most of all, I lost my identity, or did I?
O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse thy name; Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love, And I’ll no longer be a Capulet
[Aside] Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?
‘Tis but thy name that is my enemy; Thou art thyself, though not a Montague. What’s Montague? It is nor hand, nor foot, Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part . Belonging to a man. O, be some other name! What’s in a name? That which we call a rose By any other word would smell as sweet; So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call’d, Retain that dear perfection which he owes . Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name, And for that name which is no part of thee Take all myself.
I take thee at thy word: Call me but love, and I’ll be new baptized; Henceforth I never will be Romeo.
Henceforth, I never will be a Pantazis. Truthfully I never was. Here’s what’s in a name, especially a name like Panourgias. My maiden name belongs to a long line of strong Hellenes (Greeks), who rebelled against the Ottoman empire, people who fought in the WW’s, and people who I consider heroes. My parents and my grandparents, and their parents and grandparents.
What’s in the name “Christine Panourgias”?
I am in that name. Christine Panourgias, someone who is idealistic, a dreamer, a positive spirit, a fighter for positive change and most of all ME! I am in that name. Nothing will ever change that.
You know what else is in that name? A creative, and a creator. A person who has survived incredible adversity, pain and change. Yes, all of that is in my name.
This is why, we’re changing everything from Christine Pantazis to Christine Panourgias. Everything. That will never, ever change again.
Returning to my roots
My parents, and my aunts and uncles, can only be described as courageous, adventurers who left their country with only the clothes on their backs. They didn’t have much in terms of money, and they definitely didn’t have a plan. They just made it work. they started as factory workers then they owned their own business.
Now, it’s time for me to return to my courageous, adventurous, and entrepreneurial roots.
CPSD – Christine Panourgias Social Media and Digital Media is back, and so, is the blog. I am taking on new clients and rebuilding my business. I’ll be adding new services, and slowly updating the look and feel of this website.
Things feel right again…
I’ve returned to building CPSD and it feels good. I feel good because I know that the people in my life want to be there. I’ve removed those who might not, or who don’t really know me for the person I am. I’ve taken those judgements, the anger and unhealthy relationships out of my life.
It’s about time, I feel confident again, and I do. I feel loved and strong once again. It’s because, well… I know my name. I know who I am … and, I didn’t loose that.
Here are some of my major life achievements
- Survived sexual assault
- Survived a horrible and traumatizing motorcycle accident
- Made it through many failed IVF attempts
- I am surviving after leaving my soon to be ex-husband
- I AM STILL HERE and no one is going to steal my sparkle or dim my light
Here are some of my biggest career wins:
- I worked to build a strong community for women called BrunchBabes, and it’s coming back
- I’ve worked with clients such as The Canadian Red Cross, EntreLaunch, Clarisonic, 1 Milk Two Sugars PR, Pets Plus Us, Starbucks Canada and so many more
- I was one of the people who changed how twitter chats/parties worked by adding images. (No one did that before my team and I did on RBChat)
- My team and I were probably part of the first group of people to hit MILLIONS of impressions in twitter chats / parties
- Increased brand awareness for a B2B Tech company who didn’t believe in social media – I increased their LinkedIn follower count from around 6k to over 20k in two years. Increasing their target audience exponentially.
- Linked actual sales and ROI to Social Media, using hashtags, promo codes, UTMs and custom landing pages
- I’ve worked as an influencer and blogger and plan to continue to do that
- Been invited to speak at events, mentor children, and inspire women
HI! I’m Christine Panourgias, a survivor, a blogger, a social media and digital media marketer.